Monday, July 16, 2012

a Cucumber-Infused Cocktail




We went out to dinner a few nights ago and I ordered a cocktail with cucumber-infused vodka.

 It was love at first sip.  

Cucumber is a bit unexpected as a flavor but when done right, 
nothing is quite as refreshing.  

It tastes just like summer but not in the typical sweet way...
It has more of an herbaceous, crisp thing going on.

And I liked it so much, I infused my own vodka.






Which is not difficult to do--I sliced up 1/2 a cucumber; peeling and removing all seeds...
And added the thin cucumber slices to a bottle of vodka for 3 days. 

 (Remove all cucumber after 3rd day or vodka will taste bitter.)

Easy and tasty!


I can't quite seem to replicate the drink that I had--yet! but instead, I made 
Cucumber Mint cocktails...

which were just as good!





Mint, Cucumber and Vodka Cocktails
makes 2 
 adapted from Martha Stewart


1 cup loosely packed mint leaves
1 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons fresh lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
4 ounces (1/2 cup) cucumber-infused vodka
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) Cointreau
ice & club soda
spears of cucumber for garnish

Fill shaker with ice.  Add mint, sugar, lime juice and shake.  Add Cointreau and vodka
and shake again.  Strain 3/4 way into 2 glasses filled with ice.  Add club soda till top.
Stir, garnish with cucumber and enjoy.











Very summertime!





No comments:

Post a Comment