Monday, April 16, 2012

I got nothin'




For the first time, in a long time --I am totally, totally without something to post about what I made or cooked or did-I got nothing and I don't even have a really good reason for why not...

But I do have some very good excuses...

Last week was one of the more difficult day-job work weeks I've had--ever.  I barely managed to limp across the Friday night finish line...so I was and am still feeling just a little wiped out from that.

And then, what really didn't help matters was that, at dinner with our neighbors Saturday night, I had one too many cocktails (or was it one too many bottles of wine, I forget) and woke up...maybe better to say...regained consciousness --Sunday morning, feeling like my head had been run over by a mack truck, slammed against a wall and then run over by that damn truck again, but in reverse.  I have only myself to blame...and I blame it on that cleanse I did--lowering my tolerance!

Sunday was not pretty and lets just say "productive" was not the word of the day.  I didn't cook/bake anything especially delicious, I sure as hell didn't do any crafts...I did try to take a few decent photos, but that, I am sure, is debatable...

My husband, on the other hand, has almost finished making a verra bonny wee walk way for the front of our house!

(If you can't tell I am reading a historical fiction novel that takes place in 18th century Scotland...)

All weekend I kept calling to Luca...



Ye wee heathen!



Or I would say to Magda...



My fine bonny wee lass....




They just rolled their eyes and asked me why I was still lying on the couch...Aye!
But I digress...my point is: all I could really do this weekend was read...)

Greg, started the walk way during his spring break and has made such tremendous progress...the walk way is so beautiful,  he did it all HIMSELF and I just totally, totally love it...and as usual, am so impressed with Greg that he figured this out all by himself...pretty amazing...The before and after photos:


ok, this shot above, was in the very beginning...so that's what our front yard looked like 3 weeks ago, with Greg laying down the pavers to just see what possible options for a walk way to the street and to the side drive way would look like.


and this is what it looks like now..its not done, aye, but its verra close...







 














Lovely, isn't it? 
Hell of lot better than anything I did this weekend...





1 comment:

  1. Totally impressive! Good for Greg and you (for documenting the work and those super cute kiddos.)
    Hope you're feeling better soon! I'm sure it was totally worth it, or almost totally.

    ReplyDelete