Monday, January 23, 2012

Flowers as Still Life



This weekend, we had some friends over for a little brunch get-together...
both couples have lovely manners
and they each came bearing beautiful bouquets of flowers.

I had bought a bunch too...so after they left, I was so happy to
be surrounded by all this fresh cut beauty.  

I have been thinking a lot, lately, about...

Still Life

Simple compositions...deep, lush
colors...striking, compelling objects of beauty
all arranged and captured forever...

And, how at some point in my life, I would like to learn to paint with oils--
like in the Dutch tradition of the 16th & 17th centuries...

But in the mean time, 
I can start exploring this whole process and 
create something close with photography--

This is what I made this weekend...











































No comments:

Post a Comment