Monday, June 27, 2011

Recipe: Lemon Bars




We have new neighbors...they moved in a few weeks ago and I thought it would be nice and neighborly of me if I brought them a home-made welcoming treat.  I remember the few times nice people did that for us, the effect was amazing.  Not only were we sincerely touched by the gesture and act of friendship, but when dealing with all the boxes and unloading and unpacking--nothing quite hits the spot like a home-made sweet treat--that someone else made for you.

And when pondering what to make...it didn't take long for lemon bars to come to mind.   I really, really love lemon and I really, really love this recipe.  Its from Amy's Bread in NYC. And it seemed like the right combination of a little decadent but a little bit proper.  A nice, respectable, delicious dessert!






I got the recipe from Martha's website...you can find it here.  Also, there is a video presentation as well so can watch before you bake.  The recipe is exact.  The corn starch in the batter keeps the crust light as air.   Freezing the raw crust dough before baking keeps it flaky.  And the "1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons plus 3/4 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice" is seriously just the right amount lemon to make them tangy and delicious.







I highly recommend letting them set up in the fridge before serving.
Now, I just have to wrap them up and get them over there before we eat them all...
So good!!



2 comments:

  1. I really liked tagging along and watching you enjoy your summer. Life looks very good. Thanks for the recipe link they look really good and I am a lemon fiend as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Tanya...that is so nice of you to say....we are having a great time and the lemon bars are truly heavenly...its a good thing I gave 1/2 of them away!! : )

    ReplyDelete