Monday, April 11, 2011

DIY: Spring Hurricanes


Easter is two weeks from yesterday and I am excited to start getting ready.  Spring, I think its safe to say, is finally here and its time for flowers, buds, gardens, getting our hands in the dirt & Easter.  I love this time of year.  Here is a little project I found that can help with displaying some Spring decor.   Its a super-cheap, super-easy diy project and perfect for all of us that admire their WAY more expensive Pottery Barn counterparts.


I got the idea here.

And it reminds me of a diy project that is near and dear to my heart here.


The basic concept: a cheap glass vase that you glue to a cheap glass candlestick holder...
-and you've got something worthy of your mantel!


Perfect for candles, flowers or seasonally-themed treats.











Start by rounding up your supplies...I found that my own stash, dollar stores & thrift stores worked best.

You'll need glass candlestick holders--in a variety of shapes and sizes.


A variety of wide mouth vases.


Glue--the following works best: Gorilla Glue, E-6000, epoxy.  Need strength here.


Matching up the best bases with the best tops, 
glue tops of candlestick holders to bottom of vases.
Let dry.


And there you go...these are so lovely, that filled with treats, they will make a nice hostess gift for that Easter brunch you'll be invited to!!



Happy Spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment