Friday, March 25, 2011

DIY: Your Own Labels



Since I have been making (or let me re-phrase that..attempting to make) my own skin care products--and I always end up making way more than I can use, I thought it would be fun to bottle them up and give them as gifts to my friends, family...strangers on the street...anyone who would take them...(just kidding) So, thanks to my dear sis-in-law and whole foods, I obtained some very sweet little bottles.  But the problem is: the plain bottles are so, well, plain and don't really do a good job explaining what's inside.  I don't have a color printer at home and honestly--every time I have tried to print out labels, my alignment is way off and its just becomes a big mess...Hmmm, what to do, what to do...

so...I googled: how to make custom labels...

and this is what I found:


I LOVE THESE GUYS...this is such a great service...they make labels for EVERYTHING: beer & wine bottles, all things holiday, photo labels, labels for food and crafty gifts...you may not think you need them now, but just wait: when you want to give a bunch a people the same gift and want to tell them exactly what is in it, this will come in handy...I guarantee it!

Here's a little sample of what I did:
















Get the recipe for the facial mist here and for the toner here.

You probably can't see it but at the bottom is the list of ingredients.  The website has many decent designs you can choose from or you can design your own. The labels can be printed on paper or they can be waterproof which is nice for bath items.  The colors are not exact, but that's ok; its close and for the price, totally worth it.  This is especially nice for weddings, birthday favors, parties, small businesses starting out...you get the idea...

So, while its not exactly do it yourself, because someone else is doing it; it is personalized and you can design your own thing which is WAY nicer than just a plain bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment